"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Thursday, November 7, 2013

Week Seventeen


Hola!!!

So this week started off right away... once we were done writing we had an activity as a zone. We carved pumpkins for Halloween! Well, we didn’t think that this would cause trouble to say the least haha. Entonces, we carved pumpkins, when we were done there were 8 of us missionaries and 2 sets de hermanas. Mi companero y yo were the only ones walking with our pumpkins not in a plastic bag (we were one bag short) so no problem right? haha no… so I now know that they really believe in witches and all... so this guy saw our pumpkins and went nuts! He was screaming and yelling at us and all the people in the streets were looking at us! They were either riendio at nosortos o really scared! It was quite the experience to say the least.... so never carve pumpkins here again and have them out in the open. LOL!
My love for the people, culture, and kids grows cada dia! I truly love la gente! Ellos son muy amable! Everything here is going good! Lots of work and service to be done! We are getting more missionaries on the 13th (when the transfers happen), that’s when I will be getting my new companion that I will be training! So I am muy emocionado para entrenador! That will be great! But, I truly love the people... their amazing!
This past week I had intercambios con dos differente companeros! Elder O. was one of  them, and Elder  M. One is from Mexico and otro es de Guatamala! They are studs! I love them both! The friends that I am making are amazing! I miss my friends so much from back home, but its good to have the guys and girls here that are my friends as well. Friends and family are so so importante! We all need examples in our lives, amigos y familia are the best thing to influence us in our lives! How do you want people to remember you? Be the best friend ever! Cherish relationships that we have! Some people don’t have that.... make each day count.
I met a family that loves baseball! It was great! I have only heard people talk about soccer por the past tres meses, entonces muy bueno hablar con un persona cerca de beisbol! It was great! They gave me the lowdown on the World Series, so that was great!

So... something happened that was pretty funny this week... I was walking (getting a little dark out) and we were going down un hill. So I stepped into a hole and tripped and fell face forward... LOL… but it gets better! I fell in horse crap... I smelled soo bad… and tenia mucho lodo en mi pantelones... it was terrible. HAHA… but looking back pretty funny!
So we always pass by the posto, police station, and say hello! But that’s about it. So un dia nosotros estamos pasando by the police station and they stopped us. We ended up teaching them. It was cool. They love us. They told us they had our back if we ever need them. So that was good to know. But they son buenos hombres, solo a little different to teach people in a police station. LOL!
So this past week I spent a lot of time in the morning studying prayer. It was something that I felt that I needed to study in order to help the people we serve and teach more. The power of prayer is real. When we pray with a sincere corazon con fe nostoros tenemos la oportunidad para recieve answers! We all need to pray every day. We need to give thanks for the little things that we all have in the states... this mision es un humbing experiencia to say the least. It’s so sad to see some of the people. BUT, they are so grateful. So what does that mean? We MUST thank the lord every day for the things that we have. When we wake up and before we go to bed we must pray and demonstrar nuestro appreciacion.  God hears our prayers. He answers nuestro oraciones tambien! We just need to ask con fe. Prayer is one of the mucho maneras nosotros podemos hacer para invitar el espiritu in our lives. When we pray daily we have the spirit with us. Prayer can change lives. I urge ustedes cada dia pray in the morning and en la noche tambien.
Service... how powerful service really is. Service is one way to demonstar amor. Hay mucho maneras to serve. Our strengths are all diferente and nosotros podemos utalize our strengths to help others. Just because your busy doesn’t mean that you cant serve others. It we use the excuse that nosotros son muy ocupado-we’re lying to ourselves. There is always time to serve others. Blessings will come after. Sometimes one needs to sacrifice to gain. I see it cada semana, actualmente cada dia! What are you going to do to serve others this week? Find a way to serve someone. Think, pray and ponder to help the right person at the right time!
I love you guys all! Family and friends... you mean the world to me. I apppreciate all the amor! You guys rock! I am kicking butt here in Honduras and enjoying the ride. It’s one heck of a ride! Make the most of each day! Yo tengo mucho amor por la idioma! It is great! It’s hard for me to think in English. LOL! I am in spanish mode all the time now! I re-read my carta and realizar that there is a lot of espanol! I am sorry! I really don’t mean to! It just happens!

Make it a great week! Love you guys so much! Can’t wait to hear from you all next week!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment