"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, October 28, 2013

Week Sixteen: Semana de la Bruja! (Halloween Week)


HOLA! 
What’s up guys?! 
So another week here and its never a dull moment in Teguc to say the least! Every day is a different adventure and one is never sure what is going to happen! This country is wild with so many different aspects about it that are different from home. But I absolutely love it! Its great and I wouldn’t want to have my mission anywhere else!
Well, the week started when we left Teguc last Monday. We were waiting for the bus next to an ice cream stand and so we decided to buy some ice cream while we waited. Finished it cause it was so hot and it tasted muy bueno. Entonces the lady was such a flirt. She didn’t understand we were only missionaries (haha) but we got some free ice cream out of it so that was good! Just one of the Hondurans wanting an American baby! LOL!
Entonces, this past Saturday we had a great activity in the church. It was a talent show pretty much. It was a blast! Us missionaries had a few really good short skits y todos los personas riendo mucho! Fue muy bueno! Otro personas in the church sang, danced, and did other cultural things- it was a lot of fun!
So.... I think that the food from the activity got to me... I was straight dead. I had food poisoning to say the least.. so I was down for the count for half a day, but don’t worry I bounced right back the next day and was doing work! All good!
Also this past week I had an intercambio with Elder W. – he’s from Chile. That was a lot of fun. We were in our town and we did a lot of work! So that was fun to learn about Chile and the differencias y cosas asi.
So Sunday night we got a call from President F! He asked to speak to me... right away my mind got spinning. HAHA BUT it was a good thing! I am going to be a trainer! Isn’t that great. I am so pumped! I am going to be helping a newbie just like I have been helped! I receive the new elder on November 13th. I do know he is Latino which I am so excited about.  He speaks no English and that is not a problem. I will train him for 12 weeks! So I am so excited to do that! It’s going to be a lot of responsibility but that’s okay, that is what a mission is all about! Helping others! So I can’t wait to find out where he is from and all that!
So we have been running all over the place trying to help this family get ready so they can get married. It has been quite the challenge to get all the paperwork in order but we finally got it taken care of. So we had to go to a bank to pay for the Nota de Solteria…well once again the power went out and the bank system was down. So then we had to go to another bank to finish. The power always goes out and it only causes problems! But it’s all good and that is small stuff! We finished the papers and their getting married este viernes en la manana. Then Sunday they are getting baptized! I am very excited for them.
Our area is going crazy here and we are so busy. This next transfer we will be receiving a set of hermanas to help us out! It’s going to be great! There is just too much work and service being done for us to keep up with it all, so we are getting hermanas to help us out!! So that will be good!
So this week I spent time studying the topic Faith. What a great week! Faith is always pointing towards the future. We need to always be positive and do things the right way. Other peoples strengths make us stronger. Also doubt your doubts, don’t doubt your faith. When we higher our standards and don’t slip after things that are not good we strengthen our faith. Always be ready to give a hard respuesta to alguien cuando tempted to do something that you know is not right. Our lives are an endurance race. There are many things that can distract us and cause us to alter our path. But we need to stay on the straight and narrow path always. Always look up. When we look up, we know where everything comes from and why things happen at the time they do, and how they happen. Remember, the Lords way is the only way. Always choose the right in all that you do, make good choices, serve others, and be the best example that you can be!
How grateful I am for great friends and family! You all are truly my rock in my life. Keep doing great things! I love and think about you all each day. Always say your prayers and thank heavenly father for ALL that we have. We ARE A BLESSED PEOPLE. We are from the best country in the world and have so many opportunities. Make the most of it at all times! I think about you all each day. You’re always in my thoughts and prayers!
Make it a great week! Aim High in all that you do!
Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment