"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Week Fourteen: HOLA from the Promise Land!


Hey! Hope that you are all doing good! So here is the low-down for the past week. Here it is people! HAHA
So elections for President are getting closer, November 24th. And It’s getting crazy. They are always parading and campaigning and all! They are always screaming and doing their thing! So that’s always interesting. I am trying to collect shirts and stuff from all the parties!
Right now we are helping a family get their papers and stuff ready for the wedding. It’s hard to do that when they lost a lot of the information they need so were dealing with all that fun stuff, but its all good! They are great people and are so very nice.
We received another set of missionaries in Santa Ana because we just couldn’t keep up with all the work in both Ojojona and Santa Ana. All of our focus now is in Ojojona which is good. It’s so good that the area is growing and all! The only bad part is the members in Santa Ana always fed us… HAHA… so that’s two or three less dinners for free… now we have to buy those meals…but it’s all good though! So that is the update on the mission area. It is awesome to see how quickly it is growing.
We have had over 80 people in church for three weeks now! That’s a record here so doing hard work and the Lords help things are moving in a positive direction! So that’s good.

Our investigators are doing very well. We are working closely with many individuals and families. Please continue to pray for those I am working with. The Lord hears them and will assist us in moving the work along
We started teaching English classes which is great. This past Saturday we had about 25-30 people which is fantastic and we are anticipating many more next week. It was a lot of fun! I love teaching the people and helping them. They are so good to us that this is a small way I can give back. My Spanish is coming along! Poca a poca I am learning and getting better!
The power of prayer is real. We all need to pray, and be specific when you pray. We all have so much to be thankful for and the power of prayer is real. Never forget to say your prayers, ever. The Lord helps us, and one way is through prayer, never ever forget to be thankful for what we have back in the states.
We all need to be thankful for EVERYTHING we have. It’s that simple. Count your blessings EVERYDAY…name them one by one!
We always need to make good choices. We are all examples to others. That’s the truth. There is always someone that looks up to us and is watching us. So how do you want that person to remember you? Do you want them to look up to you for good or bad reasons? Always Choose The Right and always be the best example you can be. Follow in the Lords footsteps.
As we walk along the streets, ride the buses here, teach people of our faith and not of our faith, I am continually humbled by the goodness of so many. I am also reminded that many people here have serious alcohol and drug problems. It is very sad to see how many lives are ruined because of alcohol and drugs. Be careful. Be smart. Don’t let it take over the good qualities people have and the capacity they have to do a lot of good. I see it every day RUIN families. I don’t want that for anyone. Just be smart and always try to make the best choices.
I think it’s important to know our strengths and our weaknesses. We all have them. Work hard to improve on our weaknesses, and help others learn and grow through our strengths. We can all learn from one another. That is what is so good about life!
And the best for last... So this week I was hit by a small pick up truck. HAHA! We were walking on the side of the road like everyone does here. So there was a car driving slow and this truck decided to try and go around him, well he did not see the motorcycle coming on the side where we were. So he had to come over more. I jumped out of the way, realized I couldn’t get over more in time so I lowered my shoulder. And my arm/shoulder hit the mirror of his truck. He was probably going 20-25 mph. I broke his mirror and it was hanging down.  That is why you don’t’ hit me! LOL! My arm is currently a little black and blue to say the least, but I am all good! I did more damage to his car then he did to me. HAHA. Only in Honduras would I get these experiences!  
Friends, family and loved ones! You are always in my thoughts and prayers! I can’t wait to see you all in two years! I don’t go a day without thinking about you guys but I am loving what I am doing! I pray daily for you guys and especially for my fam. I am so grateful for a great mom, dad, brother and extended family. ALSO VERY thankful for great friends! Always put your best foot forward and make good choices! Aim High in ALL that you do! Keep sending emails to keep me updated on the life in the states! Love your emails and letters! You guys are the bomb!!!
Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment