"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, November 18, 2013

Goodbye to Elder H. and Welcome Elder N.


Hola! I hope that this email finds you guys all doing great. Yo siempre am thinking about all of you guys. You guys are all the rock in my life! Muchisimo Gracias por todo su apollo y amor. You guys are the bomb! Keep up the good work.
So this week was nuts. First, I got my new companion- that was on Wednesday. It was sad to leave my other companion. We had our ups and downs pero uno persona puede learn from everyone that they are surounded by. So it’s always hard to say goodbye to someone. Pero, recibi mi nuevo companero  - he is from Peru. He knows ZERO English so that is fun! Doing my thing and rolling my tongue trying to learn as much as I can in my short time here in Honduras- so that’s good! He comes from the jungles of Peru so it’s been interesting to hear stories... we will leave it at that... he’s lived quite the different life. So just adjusting to a new companion and all but its all good.
Elder W. - mi favorito amigo de la CCM y aqui en la mision is in my zone! I am so pumped so I will get to see him every Monday and sometimes Viernes! Eso es muy bueno! Muy emocionado! So that is amazing!
It’s actually getting pretty chilly aqui durante la noche! Eso es muy bueno! So that is something to look forward to en la noche! So, the weather is kind of cooling off- that’s a plus!
The political stuff here is still pretty intense. We will leave it at that... They are not civil about the way that they go about political cosas perso eso es un bueno experience. I won’t forget the political stuff, that is for sure. It has been fun to be a part of it and watch from a distance. Every place just runs differently and it is good to see your eyes opened to new things and new experiences. We are not able to leave our houses next Saturday, Sunday, y Monday. Because of this I will be emailing next Tuesday- just so you guys all know! The elections are on Sunday here this week so that is why we can’t leave... por security razones. Pero, It’ll be all good! Yesterday was the last day they could ¨do parades , rallies, gatherins¨ but really they still are doing them. But two parties were right next to each other and campagning and stuff and they all love us and were yelling, gringos and stuff -soooooooooooo many people and we were right in the action... only here in Honduras… so that was kind of nuts, but a great experience! I know the mayor and the family are members so we got right in there! I wanted that experience - leave it to me. HAHA! So… all good!
Nosotros estamos todovia haciendo los clases de Engles! They are a blast and are so much fun! We have anywhere from 40-60 students each week! So much fun! So the kids are great and all! Entonces, we do that every Sabado y es muy divertido! I am really enjoying teaching English. It has been a very good experience for me.
I bought a machetti! We do a lot of service with it and all! So that’s good!
Entonces mis amigos y familia. I think about you guys a lot. You are always on my mind. You guys are great! You are really the rock in my life. I enjoy your letters, e-mails and everything that you guys do for me and my family. Family and friends truly are the most importante cosa nosotros tenemos aqui on the earth. Value our relationships and families that demonstrate love and care. Todos los personas no tienen eso.... So cherish it! Always try and make the right decision! Always be honest. Always make the honest decision in life even when it will make it harder on yourself. That’s one GRANDE leccion I have learned aqui... ALWAYS BE HONEST. You guys are all the best and I know that you guys can be the examples to everyone we know and are around. Solo, put your best foot forward and always serve others. I love my family so much and my friends.... you guys mean the world to me. Keep up the good work. I cannot wait to hear from you guys next week! I love you guys tons!!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment