"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, August 25, 2014

Rats, flooding and more!



Hey guys!!! Hope that this weeks email finds you all doing amazing. I hope that for all of you that have started a new school year, things have started off on the right foot and all is going well. Make it a great year and do things right, rise above, and kill it in all ways! Well another week down, another week of accomplishments and funny things and experiences that I think only happen to Elder Long and Elder T. here in T. HAHA! So lets get down to the report!

So we went from rat problems to water/bathroom problems... and I really can’t tell you which one is worse... So this week we were studying and we heard like out of the blue a huge waterfall sound start to rush in the back area of our house...so we ran there to see what was going on.

Well, where our pila is, the pipe had broke... and water was going everywhere.... well it gets better... I don’t know how but the toilet must be connected under ground or something. I really don’t know and so all the sewage was coming out of the toilet and going everywhere... it smelled SO bad HAHA and so we had to take care of that for a little bit before the dueno of the casa came and helped out and shut the main water off. So that was a good time and just another good diary entry. HAHA What else...

We have been teaching this really really good familia. They are amazing. Well, we found out some information that gave us some red flags as to if we could continue to work with them. I was really bummed out to say the least. I love this family. So that put a damper on some things and really put us down for a little bit.

Well, we talked to the wife and all and even him… and we still can’t keep it straight so we are just doing our thing still with them. We shall see what things bring with time. The wife and the daughter are super good and are progressing a ton in the church and have been to church dos veces so we shall see.

We explained to him that he can’t be engaged in things that are different than those gospel truths we are teaching him, and what the Lord wants him to do..

So that’s where we are with them, its been quite an interesante experiencia porque it has taken a lot of prayer and faith to know what we need to do and teach. We are letting the spirit guide us and help us with him and the familia!

This week we did a service project for the mayor here.. our whole district helped them do some things in the parque here in the middle of town. They are redoing it and so we helped them lay grass and paint the park and stuff. The hermanas did the painting and Elder T. and I laid the grass y todo cosas asi.

It was good, we were able to meet a lot of new people and men to teach, and at the same time met 6 people that were inactivos, so we are now trying to track down these souls to help them out. So that was fun to help out and the mayor and everyone was super happy… HAHAHA… taking pics and all! They even had an i-pad which we were all shocked HAHA…it was a good day!  

What else…

This week on Sunday I was getting a little fired up with some things that have been going on so we put the big boy pants on once again and put people in their place. It was great. If we are going to serve we must serve with all our might, mind and strength. And that was the basis for my meeting.

I called all the leaders together after church and we made a plan. PLANNING is not always easy for some of the people here, but I taught them a lot I think. Many were very feliz for what we did.

We installed a plan for the young men and women. The presidency was super happy for what we did. We now have another plan that we have installed to have exito en la rama. We have made a lot of changes and they are all for the better. I think the people are finally catching on that the ship is leaving and we get after it.

We’re not all about talk, we are about action. I want you all to take action too. Do something different. Read the scriptures, go to church, serve others, say your prayers and I promise you with all my heart these little things make the biggest difference in our lives and the lives of the people around us. Get after it my brothers and sisters.

I would like to share with you all my love for the Savior and the importance of reading The Bible and the Book of Mormon. I know that single handedly these three things have completely changed me here on the mission for the rest of my life.

My testimony has grown not only from my own experiences but also from seeing others change their lives through doing what the Lord wants them to do. Are you doing what the lord wants you to do?

So this week I had the chance to finish the Book of Mormon. Many people have many questions like, what is the Book of Mormon and what is the purpose of the Book of Mormon?

I would love to briefly share with you what the Book of Mormon is. The Book of Mormon is a volume of holy scripture comparable to The Bible. It is not better than The Bible in any means. It is a record of Gods dealings with ancient inhabitants of the Americas and contains the fullness of the everlasting gospel.

I often ask people, why do you have evidence that there are prophets in Jerusalem and not here in the Americas? And people are like that’s a great question. And then my next question is, Do you believe that we as people too, need a guide from a prophet here in the Americas? And we all respond yes.

We too are just as important as the people in Jerusalem. We need prophets and evidence that we too are important here.  Well, my brothers and sisters I want to tell you that there is evidence. It is the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ. It testifies that Christ lives and is our Savior. The book is evidence that we too here in the Americas need prophets.

My testimony of my Savior has grown so much through reading the New Testament and the Book of Mormon. I know that my Savior lives and has died for me and all my brothers and sisters. I promise you that if you read for yourselves you will see the truth and divinity of this book.
The Bible along with the Book of Mormon has changed my life completely. I know that my Savior loves me and sacrificed for me. I would love to share with you two different parts from the Book of Mormon that talk about the atonement of Jesus Christ. I know that when we understand the atonement and the importancia de eso in our lives, we will be forever changed.

I promise you my brothers and sisters. The following scriptures are from the Book of Mormon and I would love you guys to think about the following versus and see how important the atonement is in our lives.   

First of my favorites – Mosiah 4:6-9
 6 I say unto you, if ye have come to a knowledge of the goodness of God, and his matchless power, and his wisdom, and his patience, and his long suffering towards the children of men; and also, the atonement which has been prepared from the foundation of the world, that thereby salvation might come to him that should put his trust in the Lord, and should be diligent in keeping his commandments, and continue in the faith even unto the end of his life, I mean the life of the mortal body—
 7 I say, that this is the man who receiveth salvation, through the atonement which was prepared from the foundation of the world for all mankind, which ever were since the fall of Adam, or who are, or who ever shall be, even unto the end of the world.
 8 And this is the means whereby salvation cometh. And there is none other salvation save this which hath been spoken of; neither are there any conditions whereby man can be saved except the conditions which I have told you.
 9 Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. 
Second favorite- 2 Nephi 2:6-8
6 Wherefore, redemption cometh in and through the Holy Messiah; for he is full of grace and truth.
 7 Behold, he offereth himself a sacrifice for sin, to answer the ends of the law, unto all those who have a broken heart and a contrite spirit; and unto none else can the ends of the law be answered.
 8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise. 

My brothers and sisters, I love testifying to mis hermanos y hermanas here in Honduras that I know that our Savior has a specific plan for each one of us. And that he loves us. He died for us to bring us so many blessings. I love my Savior and know that he lives.

I want each of you to have a strong conviction of this as well. I can’t wait to share my love for my Savior with my brothers and sisters in the states aka promise land baby!!! I know that the Book of Mormon and The Bible are the word of God and that we need to be spiritually edified every day. If we do so, we will rejoice with our Heavenly Father one day again and we will receive the blessings that the Lord has in store for us.

Don’t think about it, just do it and you will see the blessings in your lives!!! If you have any questions about what your boy Mar is teaching and doing regarding the Book of Mormon, this link can help!  


To all my friends and family, make it a great week! Kill it this week! Put your best foot forward, love you guys so much! I am always thinking about you guys and you are always in my prayers! Love you all, aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you fam, love you american women, Mr 185 and mom! Thanks friends and fam for your love and support!!!

Con Mucho Amor,
Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment