"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

I love Elder T....


Well hello to all my loving friends and familia and followers! I hope that this email finds you all doing great and enjoying your Labor Day weekend! Good food and family is what it’s all about! Enjoy! So lets get down to the humid report shall we! 

This week we spent a lot of time trying to find some new gators to teach! We didn’t have as much success as we really wanted to have. It was a tougher week. Lots of knocking doors and wearing paint on the face haha but we kept on chugging along and doing our thing. We are trying to find some new gators because the ones that we have had are just putting a ton of excuses and all and Mar is not about that. So we are going to find the gators that really want us.

A family that we had we officially can’t visit them... we just can’t be associated with stuff that’s in movies haha just have to be smarter than them. How do we know that? My companion and I played some FBI role this week to check out the situation and see for our selves if what people were saying was the truth... and they were right. So now we have a little experience in playing the FBI role haha. Good time, good times to say the least. So currently knocking a lot of doors trying to find some new people to teach and bring them the light in their lives. 

This week the Hermanas in my district baptized two people... their familias are members but they weren’t so the hermanas have been teaching them and they had the baptism this week. I had the privilege of doing their interviews and all and then I did their baptisms, I was so happy for them and they were very happy! Their grandma was very happy for them and you could see that they were super happy for the decision that they made. So that was another amazing day in the mission field. 

I was reflecting back on the past weeks with Elder T., my companion. I am so happy for the time that we have had together. He’s a stud. I have learned a lot from him and he’s learned from me, It’s been an awesome time together. I am sure that one of us is going to have changes this Wed. It is more likely that he will but we never know. I am so happy for the time that we have had together. It’s been a blast, full of ups and downs, but we have really grown together and grown closer to our Heavenly Father. I am excited to have him visit in Colorado and all! It’s been so fun learning some Tongan too. It’s a sooo cool language! 

Well last night someone tried breaking into our neighbor’s house and ours. Our neighbor is a single mom with three kids and someone has tried climbing the trees in the back of our houses to try and get in a few times. Well last night around 10:30 we heard something in back and my companion and I ran to the back with the mega flashlight (the one you sent me mom) and caught the dude in action. So this little catracho about 140 pounds wet, trying to cause some trouble, so we put him on blast and used the Spanish we know to scare him away. So that was something exciting hahaha not really, but you just never know. I can’t wait to sleep in peace in the states. LOL! But all is good! Enjoying the journey so much.

That’s about all I have for you all this week in the sweat report! 

Mucho gracias por cada uno de ustedes en mi vida! se que ustedes tienen un gran influencia en mi tiempo aqui. me extraño mis amigos e mi familia pero se que pronto voy a verlos! espero que todo bien con ustedes ahorita! tengan un buen semana! viva la vida al maximo!  gracias por todo!

con mucho amor, 
Eder Long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment