"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, September 8, 2014

Transfers mean new people to love!


Eyyyyooooo my loving followers! I hope that this email finds you all doing great and alive and kicking! Well, you know that I am doing the same. So. lets get down to it shall we.
So this week I was called to a new area. The area is actually pretty cool, it’s about 15 minutes out of the city. It’s a small little pueblo that is pretty cool! It’s called V. M. It’s about 15 minutes from the temple too. It’s pretty small and surrounded by mountains. The weather is a lot cooler than T. so I am adjusting to that.
The church opened up there just about 3 years ago. The church has bought terreno to build a church there but we still assist (attend) right now in a house. It’s a lot like my first two areas O. and S.G. I will send pics of the church next week. About 90 people assist (attend) church every week. The area is really taking off and the people are doing work. When I got here the work was a little dead for a few reasons... but that took me about half a day to realize and we got right to it.
My companions name is Elder F. and he is from Guatamala. He is much quieter than me but that shouldn’t be a surprise…anybody is. He’s a super nice kid (19) and is a good missionary. I am teaching him how to talk it up a little...do you think I will have a problem doing that? hahah It’s great! I am sure he can teach me a thing or two. We are getting after it here in my new area! I am in the zone that is next to the zone that I spent the first year of my mission in.
It’s interesting how the Lord has kept me very close to the same areas... only have had two changes far from where I have been my whole mission. It’s going to be a good time here in V.M. The members work... they get after it and have a ton of love for the work. So it’s going to be a heck of a ride, and they are all on board. Elder B. was here before (he’s from my group) and he was one that got after it... we just need to be on the same page as the members and all will go great, like it is going.
So this week we also had a bonfire activity with everyone in the terreno where the church will build a new church next year. About 100 people showed up and it was a success. It was super cool, we had a bonfire and all and a husband and wife shared the importance of familias in our lives. It was awesome. They talked about all kinds of influences that familias face on a daily basis and all and things that can help our familias and destroy our familias. So it was good. I enjoyed it a lot and so did everyone else.
I got hit with something again in the stomach from what I ate so for like 3 days I was passing a lot of time in the baño. hahaha! Last night only 7 times no big deal… all good though and all apart of the experience baby!!! So I am trying to think of all the things that mama long will want to know.. haha :)
- no hot water, every shower is like an ice bucket challenge
- there is only my companion and I in the branch as missionaries
- we live about less than 10 minutes from the church walking.
- the area is not very dangerous
- we wash clothes by hand (good joke if you thought there was a washing machine)
- we cook because there is only one place in whole pueblo to really buy food
This week I spent a lot of time comparing my time here on the mission to what a lot of apostles and apostles did in antiguidad. It’s amazing to think that right now I am living the dream sharing the word and helping people come unto Christ. It really is amazing to think about. I love doing what I am doing... it makes me have true joy... it really does. I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else or to be in any other area... it is where I need to be right now to help my brothers and sisters come unto Christ! It’s great. I know that this work is true and is the Lords work and that I am representing him here in Honduras. I am so happy to be in the M. doing what I love and what I need to do. We have sooo much work to do in just a short little time... it’s game time baby!!!!!!!!!! All good!
I want you all to think about all that we have this week. We are so blessed to be from the states. You really don’t realize it and I can’t expect you to without having this kind or a similar experience like I am having. We are sooo blessed. I want you all to reflect this week on all that we have and the blessings that the Lord puts in our lives every day. I mean this too. Please take some time this week to really think and reflect about the things that matter most. I love you guys.

I sent an email to my mom and if there is anyone that would like to help someone out here and see what the real world sometimes is about and wants to help, please get in touch with her. I promise you that you can make a difference, just get in touch with my mom please!
Well all is good here! I love you guys and hope that all is good! make it a great week and get after it! aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward! loves!!!!

con mucho amor!
Eder Long!
PS. I promise that next week I will have pictures for you all of my house, the church area, compañero and all that good stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment