"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, August 11, 2014

The waters of baptism!


Hey my loving friends and familia! I hope that this weeks email finds you all alive and kicking and doing great. It was an amazing week this week, we had a lot to do and a lot to get done. So time flew by and we got it all done! Best part about it HAHA was that I didn’t have to spend to much time in the bathroom this week or anything like that HAHA so all good baby!! So lets get down to it shall we!

So this week we had zone conference with Presidente Fortuna y su esposa. They are so amazing! They are such a great example to all of us missionaries, I really look up to Presidente Fortuna, he’s a stud and a half.

So zone conference was like an all day affair, it was very spiritual and we also had our laughs. Presidente spent a lot of time talking about Faith. I loved it. Whenever we read the scriptures and talk about faith and look at the many great examples from the scriptures, one is always edified and uplifted. This always brings an action. I have really learned on my mission that there are two things in life. One knowing the gospel, and the other is LIVING the gospel.

The Lord not only wants us to know his gospel but he wants us to LIVE IT. When we live the gospel he is so happy with our actions and blesses us in abundance. I promise you my brothers and sister. I have seen it in my work here and in my life here while in Honduras. I have seen it through people that I have taught.

When we put our lives into the Lords hands and have the faith that all will be good, I promise you that it all works out. I love to study about faith and look into the scriptures and see the faith that many antiguo personas had and to look to them as an example.

It is always great to turn to the scriptures when facing a hard time. Our faith will be lifted up and we will see a change. I promise that through reading the scriptures and saying your prayers, that you will see and FEEL a change for the better. There is not a better feeling in the world than seeing someone change for the better, and its even better when its your self.

I am a living witness of this. Through prayer and a lot of diligent scripture study here on my mission, my life has changed for the better. My faith is aumentado and I know cien por ciento that my Savior lives. I am so grateful to have great examples in my life that have exemplified faith like my loving brother and parents. I would not be where I am today without them. So I learned and grew a lot from our zone conference that was mostly based on faith. 

We also had a zone activity this week that included a trip to the temple. Lets just put it this way, we killed it!!! It was an activity for all the people getting to know the church and people that wanted to learn more. So the stake paid for a big bus to transport all the people... well let’s just say that we invited so many people that we didn’t all fit on one bus. That was a great problem to have. It was amazing! So in the end they had to call another bus to come so that everyone that showed up could go to the activity (attached a photo of all the people that went when we were on the temple grounds). It was a great activity, one could really feel the spirit very strong and the people really learned a lot.  We were so happy that everything went so well!!! BOOOMM killed it again in another activity :))

So, a funny story from this week. We were out in the sun contacting houses for about 4 hours... sunny as crap and hot. So we were just making the most of it. So we went up to this house and saw the mom, as soon as she saw us she took off running HAHA so then her daughter came out who has about 5 years old. So we talked to her and asked her if her mom was here and if we could talk to her. She said, mi mama dijo que no esta ahorita... in english that means, my mom said that she is not here right now. So her mom told her to tell us that she was not there and then she said that...we were dying laughing HAHA good times contacting and finding people.

The familia that we found a week ago is amazing. They are so good. Familia A. They came to church and loved it and said they felt the spirit very strong and know that there is something there. They accepted a baptism date for the first weekend in September. Were super pumped for them! So all good there.

We also had a baptism this week for G. (photo attached) He is amazing and such a great guy. He has changed his life around so much and I am so happy for him. Everything becomes possible with the help of the Lord. I promise you that my brothers and sisters. So happy to have another alma saved and on the right path. 

I am so thankful for each and every one of you. You guys are the rock in my life. Thanks for your love and support throughout this amazing journey that I am on! I wouldn’t want to be doing anything else and the time is going bye way too fast. I am going to miss the work that I am embarked in so I am giving it my all... it’s the life... helping others to come unto Christ... does life get any better? NO WAY JOSEEEEEEE!!!

I love you guys, miss you guys, but know that i am doing great! Make it a great week and do something special. I challenge each and every one of you to serve someone this week that does not know you. Love you guys and know that you can do it. How’s the family coming along fam that your working on? Are you finding the one? Gi, how are your ten goals? Share them with me. I am here for each and every one of you if you need anything. Loves!!! 

AIM HIGH IN ALL THAT YOU DO AND PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD EVERY DAY   

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Long 

No comments:

Post a Comment