"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, January 13, 2014

Time is Flying...


Hola mis amigos y familia!! I hope that this letter finds you guys all well and enjoying life! Another week down here in the promise land and just enjoying the experience and culture more and more. Yes, it’s hard being away from you all but se que cuando I return all will be good! If there is ever anything I can do for you guys please let me know and I’ll do my best! Thanks for the love and support.

So this week, once again, absolutely FLEW by! Teaching a lot y haciendo mucho servicio! This week we did some work con nuestro machetti. We cut down trees and brought the wood to moms who are single and have young kids and really can’t do it. So that was good, We cut down dead trees and then distributed it to a family with six kids and she is a single mom. A lot of homes here don’t have fathers... the culture in that aspect is very different. So the majority of our service is for people we know or that we are teaching. 

We had the opportunity this past week to go to the temple. What a bueno experiencia! It was a lot of fun! I was with my friend Elder W. and a few other guys that are really cool in my zone. One was on a professional soccer player on a team from Mexico. Elder S. – he’s a stud. He was in the states for a while training for some Nike team. It’s always good to share sports stories with him and Elder W.  After the temple we went to Wendy´s... I thought I was in heaven LOL! It was amazing! 

Tambien, this week I gave like 4 free haircuts to people who can’t afford it. So who knows… maybe I’ll be opening up Barber Mariano when i get home? LOL!!! I am just messing around. But it’s so much fun and nice to be able to help people out in very small ways but to them it means the world. The people here are so so so humble and thankful it’s not even funny. Every single day I learn more about how to be humble and what life really is about. 

The time is absolutely flying by! Crazy fast! This week though I spent a lot of time again studying Chris Like attributes and also how nuestro vidas are on the timetable of the Lord. I found a really good scripture in The Bible in Ecclesiastes 3:1-8. This scripture talks about our lives. I want you guys all to read it. Everything happens for a reason - and in the time that it happens for a reason as well. God has a plan for us and sometimes when we don’t understand things, it’s all for a purpose. This scripture really grabbed my attention and I spent a lot of time thinking about it. It applies to each and every one of us. Take a quick look at it. Think and ponder it and its meaning in your life. 

All in all guys, enjoying this ride that I am on! Don’t worry about me, all is well. I continue to think about my family and friends but I know that you guys are doing good things. Keep up the good work! I love you guys each! I love you Gi, Mom and Dad. Continue to strive to be the best every day and make smart and correct choices. CTR. Gi  - your a stud man. Keep up the good work with sports and school. Study hard. Success in school brings success on the field. I promise you. They are related. I love you Gi. You are an example to me. Always be an example to your friends at school and your teammates. Trust me, that’s what it is all about. Serve others. 

I love you guys. Have a great week. Put your best foot forward and aim high in all that you do. Loves! 

Con mucho amor.
Elder long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment