"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

6 Month Jungle Report



Hey guys! I hope that this letter finds you all doing good. I am doing well. I was a little sick this week but no biggie! I am alive and well!  It’s all about the experience and I can say that I am experiencing todo! Gotta love it! So... this week was a little different because some days I was feeling it and others I wasn’t because I didn't feel that great.That was only for a few days, but I walked it off like Marty!!! Ha-ha all good there.

What else? Oh this week we went to a village, which is called Aguadulce and Aragua. We walked or climbed whatever you wanna say into the mountains about an hour to get to this pueblo. It was a way cool experience. There were people that never have ever seen a missionary before let alone heard of Mormons so that was a way cool thing! Yet, another cool experience here!
I bought my first machete this past week! That was cool! I am doing lots of chopping with it. Doing work! We do lots of service for single women who don’t have husbands or older boys. Many people here cook with fire so they need wood to cook. So we help the women who cannot cut wood we give them a hand. Isn’t that so nice? LOL AWWWW! Actually, it is a lot of fun. I love it!
This past weekend we had the baptism of a 16 year old. This kid is a STUD and so cool. I love him. We met him about a month and a half ago and he built such a strong testimony and so fast. He’s a stud! So we had a bautizmo este sabado and it was great!
Well, I can’t believe that I only have about tres semanas mas en my town. Time is flying by crazy fast! I am working hard to finish strong in my area. That’s what it is all about. Finishing strong in all aspects of life.
This weeks email is not full of a bunch of good stuff, due to I was hanging a lot lower a lot of the week because of not feeling well. Aim high in all you do, put your best foot forward and always say your prayers. Your prayers are answered from our Heavenly Father. Always remember to say your prayers; we are soooo blessed in the states. Thanks for all your fine examples and support. You guys are the rock in my life. Look up in the Book of Mormon, Helaman 5:12. You guys, family and friends are the rock in my life as well. Thank you for all you guys do to support me. It means everything to me.
Well, love you mom, gi, and dad! Kill it this week! Same for all my family and friends and loved ones! Loves!!!!!!!!!

con mucho amor!
Elder Long!



No comments:

Post a Comment