"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Running here and there...


Hey there you loving fans and fam! I hope that this finds you guys cooler than I feel right about now! I have never sweat so much on my mission and it’s winter here! Crazy!!! I cant even imagine where I am at in the summer... talk about a whole new level of heat... whatever though, no time to cry and whine about sweating from places that you didn’t know existed. HAHA! So lets get down to it shall we.
We literally ran with our heads cut off this week, we killed it this week. We literally at times were running from visit to visit. We just have to make so much happen in such a short amount of time. We taught 19 lessons with member this week (that mean that a member came with us 19 times) and a few different members too. We are getting many involved, they have no choice with Papi Long :)) We taught 13 lessons with less actives and people that are not attending church right now for whatever garbage reason they want to give. We put them all on blast HAHA, gotta love it, right? We found 14 new people to teach and told them why they need to change, it’s amazing to see.
One of the most powerful stories of my entire mission is the man that we are teaching right now that I told you about last week. His name is R. We found him working in the mercado like I said. Come to find out, this man has had his challenges and has been on the wrong path. He is changing like no one I have ever seen change before. You have no idea the changes that this man is making. Yesterday we went with him and he broke down... he said that his life has changed. Today he was going to talk to his boss to leave work if he does not give him permission to go to church and keep the Sabbath day holy. This man wants to make changes and I know the Lord will bless him. He truly is golden. I am so glad that I listened to the spirit to turn around and talk to this man. He is helping others because MANY want to know how is he changing... he bought a white shirt and all this week. He couldn’t attend church on Sunday because his boss sent him far to sell so he couldn’t come... he was so unhappy. From being on a destructive path to shaving his huge beard and everyone wanting to know what happened. It’s so cool to be a part of his story. R. means the world to me. O am so proud of him and honored to be his friend. I will attach a photo of us in his 40 (aka house). So we are working very hard with him and in two weeks he should be getting baptized!! Woohoooooo! So all good there!
So, also this week we met a person that was on the border of Mexico and the states for 7 months helping people get in... let me tell you the stories that he has from Mexico... he has stories that left my jaw open for about 45 minutes... we need to count our blessings being in the states. I will leave it at that.
It brings me to one of the main learning points that I have had on my mission. What being THANKFUL means. We need to really take a look in the mirror and be thankful for the little things. We are BLESSED more than we ever will know living in the states. I can’t even tell you how grateful I am for the little things and all the things that my loving Heavenly Father has done for me and my familia.
I know that the Lord lives and that he is our compass and best friend in our lives. We must grow closer and closer to him in the times that we are in. We need him. We need his guide. We need his love, we must grow closer to our Savior daily in order to receive the great blessings in which the Lord has for us. This week I spent a lot of time on my knees giving thanks for the little tings that I have. Teaching R. has given me a whole new level of perspective to things that before I did not have. I promise you my brothers and sisters that this gospel is true and will bless you more than you can believe. I invite each and every one of you to act upon the promptings from the spirit and do GODS WILL. He will bless you. If things are in your way to partake of sacred ordinances like the Sacrament, change your life around like R.to partake of such blessings.
I love each and every one of you and know that these things can help you. Serve others. There is no greater joy than serving others with all your heart, might, mind and strength, I promise you from the bottom of my heart. Make it a daily part of you life.
I love you Gi, you look great, and I am really proud of all that you are accomplishing in your youth. Remember to be different than others.... being different separates the every day person from the cream of the crop. Be the cream of the crop. Be the person that people say, what does he have, or why is he like he is? I promise the Lord will bless you. I have been thinking a lot about you and the importance that you have had in my life and seeing your growth while I have been here on the mission. You have changed as well as I have . I know that you are a stud, and that you are different then los demas. I thank you for your love and support, I am so proud of all that you have accomplished in the classroom and on the field. Use your intelligence in all aspects of your life. Make each day count. You have a potential that you don’t even know of. Ask the Lord who he wants Gi to become. I have been thinking a lot about you my man, I have seen you change these months and it’s for the better. Live life to the maximo in all aspect and I know that they Lord will bless you more than you know. Make it your number one goal to serve a mission. It changes one and others for the better. It brings a joy that NO sports game can bring. I love you stud. Thanks for your example. Be the best that you can be. Have swag and kill it on and off the field. Success in the classroom brings success en el campo. Te quiero mucho mi amigo! Gracias por su ejemplo gi gi.
Mis amigos y familia! Gracias por todo... tengan un buen semana! Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment