"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, October 6, 2014

An amazing weekend! A baptism to start off conference weekend...


Hola mis queridos hermanos y hermanos! Espero que todo bien con ud! Hey there my loving brothers and sisters! I hope that everything is going good with each and every one of you. You guys are the bomb! So this week absolutely flew bye and was amazing. So lets get down to the sweat report shall we. 

So this week we were preparing for a baptism pretty much the entire week. Her name is M. She is amazing. So a little about her. She has been investigating the church for about 3 years now... so when I came to this area I instantly invited her to follow the Lord and to get baptized. She said that she was not ready… joking… I said, “What are you waiting for?” “You know it’s true and you need to follow the spirit and do it.” HA! So we put a plan together for her and I promised her that she would be ready and that she was going to be baptized this weekend and it will be the best decision that she has made in her whole life.

So Friday night was the day. Threeeee years later she got baptized!!! You have no idea how happy everyone was in the little rama here in the Villeda. It was an amazing night to say the least. I am so happy for M. She was very emotional... It was her time. It was the Lords time. I am so happy to see the love that she has for the Savior and the confidence that she has and had in us to trust us that she was ready to take and make such an important decision.

That brings me to my next point. We must always act on the spirit. The spirit will never lead us astray. The spirit is the best teacher, friend and companion. We must act as the spirit leads and directs us to do certain things. It may not be easy at times, but it’s the best thing we can do, follow the prompting from our loving Heavenly Father and act upon it. When we do so the Lord will bless us. It is a promise from our Heavenly Father. When we make decisions to grow closer to him we are continually blessed.

I want each of you to act upon the promptings of the spirit. How can we have the spirit to be with us in order to be able to receive promptings and help form the spirit? We must do our part. We must go to church. Read the scriptures. Pray individually and pray with our family, have family time, follow the commandments, and do the things in which are good. Serve others and make the most of every day. We must make time for the Lord. It will bless you. It’s not to give the Lord satisfaction, it’s for us to see the blessings that really come from doing what’s best for us. We will personally be transformed into a better person.

I have seen it while here on my mission. I have changed spiritually and it has made me a better person. I feel the difference and know that the Lord can bless us and our families through doing the little things right. I invite each of you once again to reflect and really see if you are doing the little things like you should be doing. Don’t make excuses, you have time. If you don’t make time you are in a little way telling the Lord that you do not love him.. hard to say it so directly but it’s the truth.

We need to make time in these latter days. The worlds standards are lowering, but the Lords standards are not lowering. We must up the bar in these days to reap the blessings from the Lord. I promise you as you keep your standards high, the Lord will be there with arms open to welcome us into his presence again.  You can do. Make the little things a part of your life. They just need to be part of your daily routine. It will change you. I promise you. Do it! Do it!  Do it! and see the blessings that will come. 

Thanks so much for all the love and support, you guys are the best, I love each of you very much. Make it a great week. Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward! 

Con mucho amor,
Elder Long!

No comments:

Post a Comment