"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, February 3, 2014

Week 30: Goodbye O!


Well, this week has been nuts! Tons of stuff to do and tons of gente to visit. It was a great week. I only have today and tomorrow and then I am out of O. It’s been a great 6 months here. Time has flown bye to say the least. I have met so many good people and made a lot of friends. I am so grateful for this pueblo of O. It’s been real! 

This week was full of saying my goodbyes pretty much... sad but that’s how it goes. Other areas need some lovin’ too. We ate so much this past week it was crazy. We ate some pretty dang good food! I even learned how to cook some stuff, like typical plates from here - so that was a good time. We ate with Argentina and her family. Her daughter made the best tres leche cake, it was to die for. It was by far the BEST cake that I have eaten in my entire life. Hands down. So I put on some pounds this week- not sure if they are good pounds but it was well worth it! HAHA

This week I spent some time reading a talk titled- Living A Life of Peace, Joy, and Purpose by: Richard G. Scott. It was excellent. It talked about the key points and attributes that we all need to have in order to succeed in life, or to live better spiritually and mentally. I really enjoyed it. It had ten key points that I would really like to share with you. I know that when we apply these points and things into our lives we will feel better and all aspects of our lives will be better. The following ten things are the key:

1. Establish principles to guide your life.
2. Don’t make exceptions.
3. Be loyal.
4. Live so that the Lord can guide you. 
5. Serve others.
6. Smile.
7. Don’t complain.
8. Always make time for the Lord.
9. Follow the Saviors example. 
10. Aim High and put your best foot forward every day. 

I love these ten points. I have spent a lot of time this week thinking about these points and know that these can help myself along with all of us. Worthy character along with making wise decisions is also very important. We need to make decisions based on eternal truth. There are two types of making decisions. One is making decisions based on circumstances and the other is based on eternal truths. We all know which we need to base our decisions off of.... eternal truths and not the circumstances that we are in. I loved that part of the talk. So basically that was the thing that I really learned this week was from this talk. 

So, this past week was full of packing the house. Or making sure that everyone and their mother came to English classes and church on Sunday. I wanted everyone that I knew at church - whether they were a member or not! So we packed the house Sunday in the church! We had 105 people in the church! The people from the stake said that it’s a record! I invited everyone I knew and even random people I just knew from the street so that was fun. We did some work to say the least. It was a lot of fun! 

Other than that I am just getting ready to leave O. on Wednesday. I am excited to see where they will put me and all. I will let you guys know next week where I am, how it is, and all the little details just like I know you all want. I love you guys so much and am so proud of each and every one of you guys. I love my family. I am so thankful for your support and love. Also, to all my friends and family too. You guys are amazing. Thanks for all that you guys do for me. You guys are the rock in my life! Thanks for ALLLLLL you guys do for me. Make it  a great week! Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward! Love you guys!!!!!!

Con mucho amor, 
Elder Long 

No comments:

Post a Comment