"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, May 11, 2015

My bid farewell...

Hey there family and friends! I am full of a lot of emotions, thoughts, and feelings as my two years have pretty much came to an end... its so crazy to think that two years ago i was in Mexico learning the language and all and adjusting to the missionary life and preparing to leave to Honduras,then getting to Honduras and starting a two year journey. Its hard to believe that this two year experience is coming to a close. I know that this journey has been like nothing i could have ever imagined to say the least, It has been full of a lot of ups and some downs jaja but its been the most memorable 2 years of my life. Looking back and reflecting a lot these past few days my heart has been really filled with a lot. My year at the Air Force Academy was quite the year and then leaving for a two year mission to serve others and give back to the Lord i wasnt quite sure what was going to happen. But now looking back, these past 3 years have really been incredible. I would not change a thing. Most importantly i would not change a thing to have served the lord with all my heart, might, mind and strength every day for the past two years. I can honestly say i have given the lord what i have and have enjoyed every single day and learned more than i ever thought that i would learn, what i have learned here with be with me for my entire life. I can say that i am coming back a man. I would like to share with you some of my thoughts and feelings that i have. I am so thankful for the United States, and all that we have on american soil. I would not trade a thing to be an american citizen. We are free, blessed , and given so much opportunity that we MUST not take for granted. We must stand up for what we have and believe cause not every country has it. I have seen and been apart of so much and my love for being an american has grown ever farther than i thought it would. We are more blessed than we can ever imagine. I am so blessed to be an American. With that being said, we need to be more thankful for the things that we have. My gratitude has changed like no other... we are all spoiled and take the little things for granted, bathrooms running water, and all the little things far and between, we must thank our heavenly father for EVERY little thing that we have. My level of gratitude for the states has grown and my love and respect for other people in other countries as well has grown like no other. My love for the culture here is imense. The Honduran people really are amazing. They are extremely humble and loving and have taught me what life is really about. I have gotten the big picture to say the least... And most importantly these people have helped me grow closer to my savior jesus christ and the lord himself. I have served these people and they have served me. They have taught me what service is all about. The lord served all of us throught the atonement of jesus christ. He gave us all he ever had. He died for each and every single one of us and gives us the opportunity to return and live with him once again. I love my savior jesus christ and god. They are my fathers in heaven and have done so much for me, the people here and each and every one of you. I know that the lord lives and loves each one of us. I know that he wants us to succeed in all aspects of life. We just need to be willing to do his will. Doing his will and not ours is the hardest part in life. But, i promise you that as you do what the lord has in store for you, you will be blessed like no other. I have seen it in the life of other and also in my own life here while being on the mission. Through service one can feel the love for others and know what really brings true joy. I have seen the lords hand every day in this work, i know that this work ishis and we are just his representatives at this time. This work is his and we are helping the rest of his sons and daughters come unto him and recieve the blessings that he can poor upon each and every one of us. The lord lives my brothers and sisters. I invite each and every one of you to be obedient to all the lord commandments and you will be blessed in these lattter days. I promise you that. I know that the gospel of jesus chirst is the best thing that we can have in our lives. It changes one and helps change so many others. I have seen it and been a personal witness of this for the past two years. I know that you guys can all have similar experience, but you must do your part. Obedience brings blessings. Are you willing to do what the lord has in store for you.....have the faith and believe me that being faithful to the lord in all that we do , you will be blessed and you will live a much better life. I love this work, i know its true and there is nothing better. I am so thankful for each and every one of you, you have changed me and i know that its throught the gospel of jesus christ and friendships and families and the atonement of jesus christ that one day we will all have the opportunitty to live together once again, i know this to be true, i testify that the lord lives, and loves us and wants the best for each and every one of us. I love you guys. I am so thankful for you guys, i cant wait to keep in touch and grow together. I know all that i have learned will and can be put into practice starting thursday when the airplane touches down on US SOIL BABY! I am so thankful for the time i have had to serve the lord and my loving brothers and sisters of Honduras. I love you guys. Cant wait to see and talk to you guys. LOVES.... 


CON MUCHO AMOR

Eler Mariano Long 

No comments:

Post a Comment