"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My mission is perfect! I love this work.


Hey there familia and friends, the weeks are going so fast that I really cant think twice and here we are again. I am doing good though and just enjoying life so much and doing my thing. We are doing a lot of good things here in Comayagua. So lets get down to the sweat report shall we! 

So this week we spent a lot of time focusing on what we can do better as a zone. We have 10 companionships in our zone and a ton of news, so we are really focusing on getting after it each day. We have set the bar high along with president with the teaching standards that we want to achieve every day. So I will share the love with ya’ll haha.

So we are trying to teach 3 lessons every day with a member, 4 others leciones, 10 contacts, 3 less actives, every day. It’s all based off of organizing your time and getting after it. So this week we had a meeting with a zone and we put together something pretty cool that we are going to do to motivate the zone to getter done. So we put a thing together called the ENERO MADNESS. So it’s a huge pool with our zone and it’s based off a weekly competition, so you have to complete with these standards to get a point for the day, you get all or nothing. So at the end of the week they will see who wins. It’s going to be a fun one. So that’s what we are doing as far as that! 

What else do I have for ya... We are currently teaching a family right now and the husband is 78 and the wife is 40!! Crazy, I know!!!!!!!! But they are amazing. They literally are the perfect match for one another if you can imagine that one haha They are the familia Madrano, they are going to be baptized soon. We are teaching a decent amount, we’ve gotta get some things moving and help the members like the missionaries more and support us in our work. There was a missionary here last change that RUINED a lot of things with the members and so it has hurt the work, but don’t you worry we’ve got things in the process of turning it around. Side note, we are teaching a dad of members that is not baptized and his name is Mariano, kinda cool! So we have about 6 people that should be getting baptized in the next month or so. We shall see. It’s all in the Lords hands. So the people we got are great, just continuing to find new gators and help them move a long! What else...

Oh, so this week we went to the temple, it was great. We went and visited hno mejia and their family and they literally are seriously the most amazing people. They fed us and we played on their trampoline and all and it was a great time for us all. We had to wait around for a few hours to get into our session so we headed up to his house to have a good time for a little bit. I am so grateful for their family. They have been an amazing blessing in my life here on the mission. I love them.

So we are grinding and doing our thing baby! We are getting after it and enjoying every day or it! Elder C. and I are doing great. We are enjoying every day so much it’s not even funny. It’s been such a good time to say the least. We lift every day at 5AM so watch out Gi, aka American Woman!!! I am coming for you! And Mr. 210 you better watch out too, I am coming in hot and strong, gotta find the one when I get back if you know what I mean! jeje So trying to getter’ done. Other than that just running with our heads cut off and trying to get all that we have on our plate done and trying to help the others make it happen as well. So ,we are doing our thing and enjoying it every day.

So we did have an activity this week on Wednesday at church and we killed it! It’s like a familia home evening but we do it at the church and play games and all and it’s something that I have started in every area and it’s literally THE KEY. So the members were loving it all, they were getting after it. Other than that hnas y hermanas, todo bien no se precupe, we are doing what the Lord wants and I know that we are going to see the fruits of his labor. 

So in the store this week we were buying food and I met an academy grad that is stationed at the AF base here in Comayagua. She was cool and graduated in 2009. We talked for a little, she was cool. Everywhere you go you see people that you just feel so close too. I love this country and the people. My love for them...I can’t even describe to you how I feel about the country and them, I love it here so much. 

Thanks so much for your love and support family and friends. I love you. Help me stay focused because I need to make this time special, this is not my time, its the lords time. I love it and living it up and cant wait to see you all but i have to stay focused and the things after will come into place. I love the people and the lord to much to think about home right now, yes its on the mind but there is just to much to do and little time. I encourage you each to give more to the lord. Go up up and away and do not put boundaries. Our success do not have limits, make each day count

Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward, 

Con mucho amor! 

Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment