"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, January 12, 2015

Goodbye La Paz...hello Comayagua


Hey there my family and friends... well let me tell ya... we are back to the sweat report once again, and it’s in full force! I am in the second hottest area in our WHOLE MISSION. Its crazy! Oh yea, I had changes haha so I am currently in a new area! So there is a lot to tell about on this weeks sweat report... lets get down to it shall we!
My new area is called Comayagua, and it’s about 30 minutes from where I was before. It’s the second hottest area on the mission.. gotta love that part right! It’s soooo hot and summer is just coming, they say that it’s over 95 every day and last summer hit like 105 alot.. so yea we’re in for a hottie.
So all the things that mom would want to know about the area... lets see! So our house is hotter than ever haha we don’t have to wash our clothes because the members help us out with that... oh yea the best part! WE GET FED LUNCH AND DINNER EVERYDAY! So literally that is amazing! We live by a gym so we have been getting swole with the district! Everyone in our district is from the states so we are just all on the same page and tearing it up!
This week we got after it in our area and had the most at church ever, we had 154 which is the best ever, so by far the biggest branch that I have been in my whole mission by a ton. It was kind of weird and was great at the same time. So we have a lot to work with. There is another set of missionaries with us in our ward.
What else do I have for ya... so most likely this will be my last area on my mission and I am not to sure how I feel about that but it is what it is. We’re getting after it! My new companion is so cool, he is from Arizona, Elder C. is his name. We are having a blast together. He goes home in like 6 weeks, or the next changes so we are trying to go ham before he goes home!!
We just had a baptism Saturday of a lady 22 and boy is she a sharp lady. We are working with her sister now and she is moving along. We have a lot of people that we are working with and not only our people but the people of the zone as well. We don’t get a ton of sleep because we are always up late trying to help everyone out and their investigators and making all the plans and all for zone, but it’s a good time. We have things moving really quick this week! We have the goal this week as a zone to get 1000 contacts. A contact consists of getting their name, number, where they live, and a time that we can come back and visit them. Our zone has 10 companionships.
What else do I have for ya... so yea it was tough leaving the Paz but I gave it my all. I know that I left the area a lot better than when we got there and the area is doing good so I am happy with that! I am pretty close to there so maybe I will have the chance to go back once or twice, we’ll see. I don’t know though cause we are running with our heads literally cut off, but I am loving it! We wake up at 5 am to hit the gym and go to bed at like 11. Reminding me kind of like academy hours but I can honestly say I feel better and feel the best than I have on my whole mission physically. We only don’t go to the gym on Sunday. So it’s great, getting rid of that 0 pack or fat pack that I was rocking hahaha.
Other than that I am just super excited to be over the zone and help everyone out, including the 7 companionships that are in training with someone brand new. It’s fun to be able to help the new guys out, we have a lot that have the deer in the head lights look going but their GETTING AFTER IT…fresh off the block and doing their thing.
So that’s about all I have for you, getting after it and doing our thing! Thanks for all the love and support! Love you guys!!!

Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward!!
con mucho amor,
Elder Long!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment