"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

My life is wonderful...


Hey my loving followers! I hope that this email finds you all doing great. Well, lets get down to it shall we!

Well, it’s starting to heat up more and more, so that’s good and bad. One, were getting the tan on, but on the bad side, it’s a horrible farmers tan. HAHA Second, we are sweating bullets because its SO humid. But all good. Weather report done! What else...

So we are working hard with a man named G. right now. He’s a stud. 45 years old and amazing. He is so nice and down to earth, we love him lots. He had a really bad accident a few years back and it caused a lot of problems with his hearing. He is pretty much deaf but he can still hear, you just need to pretty much yell, it’s like talking to Grandpa Neff all over again. He’s so great. He used to have a lot of problems before his accident and ever since then has wanted to change his life. He is so happy to be on the straight and narrow path and following Christ’s example. He is a stud to say the least! He is preparing to get baptized either this week or the next week. We really have seen his testimony grow through his scripture studies and obedience to what we tell him will really help. He is golden! Elder T. and I are really glad to be able to help him find the right path and receive all the blessings that are waiting for him. Super pumped for G!!! Wohooooo!

We had a killer activity this week that my companion and I put together. We literally ran the show in all aspects of this activity. We organized everything and we were running with our heads cut off all week putting things together, making sure people were doing what they needed to do y todo. Pero en el fin, todo bien! We put together a killer Barbacoa! It was awesome. We played a lot of sports and stuff at the church. Organized all... jump rope, baseball, football, soccer and a lot of other games. We also organized the food: who was bringing tortillas, beans, rice, meat, drinks, everything hahaha. But in the end, about 120 people showed up and it was a success! So no bid deal, boom, getter done! :) 

My companion is doing great! He is making a lot of strides in who he is as a man. I am really proud of him. We have really worked hard together and the hard work is paying off. I am so thankful for him and the growth that we have been able to see together. He has taught me a lot. I love him. I am so happy for him and am glad that I can spend another transfer with him.

I am so thankful to have the scriptures in my life. This week I spent a lot of time studying about the sacrament and when Jesus Christ was here and implemented the sacrament. What an opportunity that we have each week to partake of the sacrament and the sacred opportunity we have each week to renew our covenants with our Heavenly Father. I am so happy to have a loving Heavenly Father and his son that died for each one of us. The power of the atonement is real. The Lord wants the best for each one of us. His arms are always extended towards us. He is always ready to bless us. The Lord wants to always bless us, but do we always want to do his voluntad? I encourage each of you to follow Christ’s example and be the BEST person that you can be. Mold yourself into who Christ wants YOU to become. Read your scriptures daily, say your prayers daily and I PROMISE that you will see miracles in your life. I have seen it DAILY for over a year.
I promise you my brothers and sisters that our Heavenly Father loves us and wants us to be obedient. It is not always easy, but it is where we will find the greatest happiness and the most blessings. I am so thankful to have this gospel in my life. I know it is true. I love serving the Lord. I love the people of Honduras so much. I love everything about this experience and letting the Lord teach me who he wants me to be through my journey here. I know that the Lord lives. I know that he blesses us SO much even when we don’t always do what we should. I encourage you all to do something to grow closer to our Savior this week. I love you guys. 

AIM HIGH IN ALL THAT YOU DO AND PUT YOUR BEST FOOT FORWARD!

Con mucho amor, 
elder long!

No comments:

Post a Comment