"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, July 14, 2014

A tougher week!


Hey familia and friends I hope that you are all doing great. I am always thinking about you guys and wishing you guys the best! I hope that it’s calmed down there like it has here now that the World Cup is over... what a crazy time here with the World Cup. Hopefully now they can move on, sleep and work and hopefully get back onto abnormal schedule. But I sure did enjoy my time with the culture and all during it. Good times!! So lets get down to it shall we!

This week wasn’t the best. I am not going to lie, HAHA I felt like crap most of the week. I was sick but I am now feeling a ton better, so we are back on track. I literally felt in the dumps most of the week so today we decided we would come to Tegucigalpa and treat myself to TGI Fridays. I literally was in heaven HAHA it was so good!!!!! I went with a good friend that I have here and it was a great day. My companion and I were both drooling HAHA so that was good!

Getting here in the morning was quite the trip to say the least. The bus driver was driving like crazy and got into it with one of the passengers because he wouldn’t stop and let him off where he wanted to get off and then when he was about to get off the bus about 3 blocks later he slammed on the brakes and the dude went flying. Well my companion and I were sitting in the first row and saw and heard it all. When the guy got off the bus he lifted up his shirt and there was his pistol... and told the dude to watch out... just another good experience to say the least! Just counting my blessing that the lord protects us every day. The dude didn’t shoot or anything so all was good! So that was this morning.

TGI Fridays was amazing! We ate like champs. SOOOO GOOOD! So other than that it was a good week just trying to teach lessons between running to the bathroom and all! All a part of the experience, right? Loving every minute of it (not being sick) but all the good other stuff. 

So my companion is doing good. He has changed a lot on the mission as we all have. He speaks Tongan so I am learning that language a long with Spanish right now, so that’s pretty cool! He has come a long way here.... had I am so proud of him. He is a great companion. I have not had any problems with him and President is super happy with what we are doing here in this area. This life is not at all like it was back home... all I am going to say is that is VERY important… the crowd of people that we hang out with. They will always have a strong influence on our lives. I am so thankful for great friends and family who have helped and continue to help me grow as a person. So shout out to all that have played a great role in my life. THANKS!

The weather is starting to little by little heat up again. We’ll see what that brings...oh great. Talanga where I am at is good, the area is kind of interesting to say the least. A little sketchy but the people are super loving. We have a lot of good people progressing y nosotros tenemos mucho amor for them. So thankful for loving people that are willing to listen and do what we ask them to do and then they see the blessings in their lives. It’s amazing!

Well, I don’t have much to say besides it was another successful week, spent a little more time than I wanted in the bathroom but it’s all good.

I love each of you guys so much. Continue to try and choose the right in all that you do and make the most of every day. I love you guys so much. Make it a special week. Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward every day!

con much amor,
Elder Long!!

No comments:

Post a Comment