"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, June 9, 2014

Where is time going?



Hey there my loving friends and familia! I hope that this weeks letter finds you all doing great as usual! I really don’t know where time is going... each week seems faster and faster. Well lets get down to it shall we. 

So this week we had a baptism! And it included one of the craziest trips/excursions that I have ever taken in my life. Well the place that we wanted to go to do the baptism, we missed the bus. So a few people that we were with said that we could go to another place that’s super cool and not too far away. First, we needed to take a mototaxi. So we did, then we walked about two hours to get to this place that was so far away. And since its been raining a ton the trees and bushes had all overgrown the path so pretty much we were walking down this river to get to this really cool area where there is a huge waterfall where we would do the baptism. It was crazy! We literally were walking on like the edge of a cliff to say the least and below was the water. It was INSANE. But, we did get there in one piece and did the baptism. Then... we had to get back... well we pretty much got lost and couldn’t find the path that we came on.. so we headed back through the mountains making our own paths. I literally felt like a monkey to say the least. It was one of the craziest things that I have ever done in my life. Literally monkeys going through the trees! But don’t worry, we all made it out of there 3 hours later and all in one piece. ALL GOOD! :) This took up all Saturday morning and afternoon. But the young man we baptized is a STUD. He is 17 and amazing. His name is E. Has a strong desire to grow closer to our Heavenly Father and make stronger and better choices, so my companion and I are all very happy for him. So he and his family were all super happy.

This week no se porque but many people have been kinda down here in the area. I don’t know what hit them this week. So I thought that I would help them out and read them a poem. I know that you all are probably laughing right now thinking that I am a poet now. HAHA! But I would really like to share it with you. I had to translate it so here it is. But I want you guys to think about your lives and how we could, can apply it. So here we go! It’s called “Don’t You Quit.”

When things go wrong, as they sometimes will
When the road your trudging seems all uphill
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh
When pressure is weighing you down a bit
Rest if you must, but don’t you quite
Life is a queer with its twists and turns.

As every one of us sometimes learns
And many a fellow turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow
You may succeed with another blow.

Often the goal is nearer than it seems
To a faint and faltering man;
Often the struggler has given up
When he might have captured the victors cup
And he learned too late when the night came down
How close he was to the golden crown
Success is failure turn inside out

The silver tint in the clouds of doubt
And you never tell how close you are
It might be near when it seems afar
So stick to the fight when your hardest hit
Its when things seem worst that you must not quite. 

I really liked this poem for some reason. I don’t want you guys to think that I am having a hard time, because right now I am living the life. Spreading the gospel, helping people come unto Christ, does life get any better? No! All is good here baby! Some days are much harder than others, but overall everything is good! I am really loving my time here and the opportunities that I am having and the personal growth spiritually that I know will carry me through hard times later in life. I encourage all of you to do something this week to draw closer to your Savior. Do something that will bring action. Don’t only think about it, but do something DIFFERENT. I know that you will be blessed from your action. I am so thankful to all of you for your love and support. It means the world to me! 

Make it a great week aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward. Do something different for the better!

Con mucho amor,
Elder Long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment