"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, June 2, 2014

Finding the ONE


Alright my loving friends and family! I hope that you are all doing great and enjoying life and all. As far as me, all is good baby. I am alive and kicking. We absolutely had a great week this week. I was a little sick to say the least. I got hit with some kind of food poisoning virus or something but that didn’t stop us for anything, we had work to do... in the meantime haha I lost about 6 pounds this week... but it’s all good. It was humid as ever but we didn’t have too much time to think about that. So lets get down to it shall we! 

So a few weeks ago we had a baptism farther south from Sabana Grande in an area called Nueva Armenia. It’s a small little town about an hour south from Sabana Grande. So when we were there, we just felt that we needed to return that following week. So we followed the prompting of the spirit and this week we went back there. Let me tell you… it’s amazing there! NEVER before had the people heard missionaries in their lives. They were SO intrigued and interested in our message and all. So we got into a lot of homes. So we talked to our leaders and now they are going to open up a church there! It’s so cool to know that we are a part of opening up a new area and church! And it all started with my companion and I! It’s been a crazy week. We had over 30 lessons with people, more than ever with missionaries here in our area and we went to two places where missionaries had never gone before. We found 45 new people and 5 new families and more are on the way! It has been an incredible week to say the least. We really got after it this week. Nueva Armenia was about 92 when we were there this week and all the people were saying that it was cooler out. HAHA But yes, very hot. But all good! We were walking down the street there and there was a lady that had her backs to us and she couldn’t see us. For some reason I had a strong impression to talk to her. So I did. When she turned her head around and saw my companion and I she started like running towards us! Come to find out the entire family are members. Due to financial problems they moved from the city to Nueva Armenia and can’t go to church because there is no transportation there on the weekends (it’s a VERY remote but cool area) so she was SO happy to see two hot young boys in shirts and ties to say the least. HAHA! So we met with the family, had a good talk and all and then callled up the leaders and said that we needed to get the show on the road here. So the process is starting. The stake had a meeting yesterday with Papi Fortuna and they are going to open up the area! Elder M. and I are so pumped.

This week absolutely flew bye… I don’t know where the time is going. There are so many good cosas pasando right now in our area. We are seeing the blessings come through in a lot of different ways. I am so thankful for a loving Heavenly Father that looks over us all the time and wants the best for us. He is ready to bless us always, we just need to do our part. I am convinced that the Lord doesn’t make our paths siempre facil because he wants us to learn and grow through our experiences. I am so realizing that more and more through my time at The Academy and through my time on my mission. We are faced with adversity for so many differente razones. We need to stay firm to the iron rod (the gospel) and follow the teachings of our Savior and always try to choose the right and follow Christ’s example. When we do this, we will be blessed and see good things come our way always. I am so thankful for the time that I have to serve right now. Yes, it’s not always easy, but its the best thing for me and for my life at this time. I am so thankful for each of you and the blessings that you all are for me in my life. I hope that you are all doing the little things right... because the little things bring the blessing and help us assure that we are doing the big things right.. everything starts out small. I continue to challenge each of you to say your prayers daily, read your scriptures, and GO to church. Just don’t think about going and say yea.. I know I need to and its something good, but ACTUALLY go and make an action. Actions bring blessings. Take action my friends and family! 

I want to send a shout out to my bro who is a stud muffin! I am proud of you Gi. You are working hard in school and in sports! Always remember that everything starts in the classroom and you will see the benefits on the field! I am proud of you! Hard work always pays off! Always out work your competitor in all that you do! I am SO proud of you man, keep it up! Enjoy your summer and work hard in sports, use this time to get better and when the rest are playing, work- Long style. Love ya stud! Have a good one! 

Thanks for all your love and support, make it a great week! Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward in all that you do too! 

Con mucho amor,
Eder Long! 

No comments:

Post a Comment