"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, May 12, 2014

Talking to my family was amazing!


Well hello my loving followers! I hope that you are all doing great and enjoying life where you all are. I am continually thinking about you guys. I hope that you all had a great Mother’s Day and did something special for your mothers. What a great day to think about our moms that do so much for us. Well, let’s get down to the jungle report shall we...

It’s been more humid than ever so other than sweating in places that I didn’t’ know existed, all is good! We are still walking a ton and right now doing a lot of service. The type of service that we are doing is pretty cool though. We have been cutting down shrubs and stuff in the mountains to get ready to plant maiz and beans and stuff like that. It is a lot of work and there are no machines here so everything is done by hand. So we have been working a lot on the mountainsides helping people out. It’s pretty fun for the first 5 minutes and then after that you are just dying it’s so humid and you can just see how much work is ahead of you. But in the end we are helping people so that they have something to eat.... so it’s all worth it. I have gotten pretty dang good at using the machete to say the least! 

We are teaching a lot of new people right now so that’s fun, getting to know the new people and loving them a lot. I love the people here so much. They are so loving and giving for the little that they do have and it amazes me every day how willing they are to give when they have basically nothing It’s a lesson to remember for the rest of my life. But teaching a lot right now, we are starting to get people to teach that live a little closer to one another and don’t have to walk an hour from lesson to lesson. Don’t get me wrong, we are still putting the miles on but it’s all good! 

Hmm… this past week the best team from San Pedro and the best team from Tegucigalpa played each other in Tegucigalpa so that was nuts... everyone was going crazy! The team here in Tegucigalpa won so everyone was very happy. The soccer culture here is so cool, I really understand now the Hispanics in the states and their love for the game. It’s literally their life. All the men come home from work and change fast and all go play while the wives cook and then go home to eat. It’s their life; I see why games now are so big! So cool to be able to live in the culture here and be a part of these experiences. I would not change this experience for anything, soaking in every minute! 

On Mother’s Day, we as missionaries had the opportunity to Skype our familias! What a great time. I am so thankful to have a loving family that is always supporting of me and that goes for all my friends and family as well! It made me do some reflecting... how grateful we are to come from loving families that support us and are there for us at any time. It is hard to see sometimes the family circumstances here... we always need to remember, “The little things in life are big things. We need to count our many blessings every day.” The little things especially... it’s not always about the big things in life. Be thankful for the little things that we take for granted in the states. I would like you all to take 5 minutes this week when you get this letter and just think about all the blessings that you have in your life. Do a little reflecting on all the things that the Lord has given us. 

Well, my loving fans keep up the good work and make good choices every day. Remember that we have so much to be thankful for. Always say your prayers and give a little time to our Heavenly Father. Put your best foot forward and aim high in all that you do! LOVES!

CON MUCHO AMOR 
Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment