"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Monday, May 5, 2014

Boom Boom Boom...what a week!


Hey familia y mis amigos! I hope that this weeks letter finds you guys doing great as always. I don’t know where time is going, it’s flying bye! I know that you are all doing great things and enjoying ever day. Thanks so much as always for your love and support throughout my mission. You guys are the bomb! So lets get down to the Humid Report shall we!
It’s SO humid right now. Like every day it rains and then it’s just so humid you can’t even imagine. It’s horrible. But we’re getting through it baby!
This week we spent a lot of time finding new people to teach. People that didn’t want anything or were not moving a long like Elder Long wanted, we said nos vemos we will return later. We are going to leave them in Gods hands. We didn’t stop visiting everyone but a good amount of them we did. So this week we hit the rocks running and finding new gators to teach. We found 15 new people this week so it was a great week. We talked like crazy in the streets! Sunday we had 45 people in church, it’s growing here, so we are working hard and it’s paying off. We had a mom come to church and it was her first time coming to church in like 5 years so that was way cool. 
So this Sunday I talked to about 12 people at church and said, ”Listen at 3:00 we are all going to leave and we’re going to visit people.. Typical Hondurions they like to give excuses... well, I didn’t give them that option. I said you are going to go and you will like it. HAHA Well, they all showed up and we killed it yesterday. We visited about 30-35 different people. So I left with the president of the rama (branch) and one other member. Well we had plans to go to a different street that we always go to and visit some of the people that we have on this one street. Well, we were walking and I had the strongest feeling to not continue walking and to make an immediate righty. So we listened to the spirit and took a righty and started talking to everyone on the streets and every house. Well, in two hours on that street we found 7 new people and two familias that we are now teaching. It gets better. We passed by this one house and there was a man outside the house. But where we were walking you could not see him. He was like behind this tree. Well I had the strongest feeling to turn around once again.. so we did. Well there was sitting a man. We started talking and getting to know him and come to find out he was a member that had not been to church in 15 years... crazy huh!! So that was way cool! The spirit is a guide in SO many ways my family and friends. You have no idea! The spirit is a guide in our lives. When we are doing the little things right and trying to always choose the right, we are going to have the guide from the spirit. I am so thankful to have this guide from my Heavenly Father. I know that each of us can have it when we do the little things right diario. Always do things to have the Lords guidance in our lives. When we do so we will receive many blessings.
Well, lets’ get to the real interesting stuff…HAHA! This week we pretty much were in the middle of a shooting... but it’s all good. It is just another journal entry, right? So we were walking down the street (the street where our church is) and we were about to turn the corner and a man was yelling go go go go and a lady was running. We asked what was going on because this area is typically SO calm. When I finished my words, what’s going on, there goes the pistol. BOOM BOOM BOOM 8 times. We were about 25 feet from where the shooting was. So the story goes, there is a place where people play pool close to our church. Well, this dude was super drunk and got kicked out and he was mad. He was also on drugs. So the owner of the business kicked him out so he was mad and went to his car and got his pistol and started shooting up the door and the building... It was nuts. I felt and it sounded like we were in a movie. But don’t you all worry, the Lord has our back. We were all safe. My adrenaline got going SO fast and I don’t think that I have ever ran so fast in my life. Literally I felt like I was flying! HAHA enough about that!
Hmm what else do I have for you all! Hna garis from my district left and now we have another hna here and she is from Arizona. She is super cool, Hermana Wagner. She loves sports and isn’t a square so that’s good! Hna garis and her are the bomb! I am lucky to have had two really strong hermanas in my district. We are moving things along together.
I am so glad that I have the opportunity to serve right now my brothers and sisters. It is such a blessing to be here in Honduras personally growing and bringing others to Christ. There is not a better feeling in the world than helping others change their lives for the better. It’s a blast! I am so thankful to be protected and serving in the Lords work. I know that this is the Lords work and I am only an instrument in His hands. I see it every day. Thanks for your love and support. Remember guys, always say your prayers and give 5 minutes to our Heavenly Father every day and read your scriptures. If you sacrifice a little time, in return you will be blessed more. If your not doing it, give it a try and you will see the blessings poor upon you. Get after it this week, serve someone else, say your prayers and always be sosososososoosos thankful for the LITTLE THINGS that we have. I love you all!
Have a great week, Aim high in all that you do and put your best foot forward every day!
Con mucho amor,
Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment