"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

I love teaching this work

Hey there familia and friends! I hope this letter finds you guys a little bit cooler than we are right about now... I am MISERABLE with this heat. I am really trying to let it not effect me but it’s bad to say the least... but we’re grinding and doing our thing that is for sure! We are making the most of every day and really working hard these last two months. I am going ham before I go home, leaving my stamp where I have been… that’s what it’s all about right?

We have had a very good week. I wasn’t feeling great this week health wise for some reason, I think it was a combo of the one two punch aka the heat and allergies or cold. I am not too sure what it really was but other than that we had a lot of work to do and things to get done so there was no time to be sick.

We are really working hard with a lot of people right now that are going to get baptized soon. They are some really good gators to say the least! So other than the heat and just dripping from every spot on your body, I don’t have much more to say hahah so I am going to give you the lowdown on the gators that we have! Lets geter done shall we. 

So the first familia that we are teaching is the familia V. and they are amazing! They are a familia of 8 people and four are going to be baptized and the rest are young little munchkins that right now won’t be getting baptized. They will get baptized when they are 8 years of age. So this familia is literally one of the best examples of giving all they have to the Lord and doing what the Lord wants them to do. He used to work every day of the week, and now he has given up Sundays and he comes to church with his entire familia. When he is out working on the streets he works with a baby stroller to carry the donuts that they make and he goes around to sell them. He makes about 400 limperas a day and he says at the end of the day when they buy all the food for the fam he is maybe left with 20 or 30 limperas. He is a great example of being humble and doing what the Lord wants for him on Sundays. It is a BIG sacrifice to not work Sunday but the Lord has blessed him everyday to sell more than he has ever sold these past two weeks. He is seeing the blessings of the Lord, that is for sure! They are doing everything that they should be doing. They are praying, reading the scriptures and obeying the Lord. There is nothing better than seeing a familia that has completely changed their attitude on life. I can testify to you that this couple had prayed individually for help before we met them. The wife prayed that someone would talk to her husband and help him... but she prayed and asked the Lord that someone or a messenger from God would come to him. She prayed that God would show her, his real power by sending someone so that he really would change... can you imagine that? A part of that prayer was that someone could find him and help him. And while she was praying he too prayed that someone could find him that would be able to help him… and that same day, we as missionaries found him selling donuts on the street.  From that moment on, we knew that he and his son and his familia would be special to say the least... that’s how the story began. Now they are a familia that gets to church 15 min early, they all come in white shirts and pants and come to church with a tie on (since we hooked them up). They are just great. So that is the one familia that we are teaching that should be getting baptized this weekend or the next. We have to marry them first and are working on the papers with them. The wife’s sister too is going to be getting baptized as well.

We are also working with a familia friend of a baptism that we had some weeks back, his name was D, but now we are teaching his familia friend and she is going to be baptized this week! She is great, her name is O! She is so cool and is just such a loving and ready woman to hear the gospel of Jesus Christ. I  am very happy for her and the familia! 

We are teaching a lot of others right now but these are the most positive people that we are teaching. We are moving along. We are looking to baptize about 6 people in the next week or dos. All is good, making the most of every day.

Thanks so mucho for your love and support, you guys are great and you each mean a lot to me. I hope that your all making good choices and doing what the Lord has in store for you. Everything you do, do it big! I know we each can always give more. If you feel like you are, ask the Lord for more strength and I promise that he will be there to help you. Thanks for the support and I want each and every one of you to know that without YOU I am not here today doing what you have all helped me prepare for. Thank YOU. 

Con mucho amor,
elder long! 

Eating out with a friend of mine here! Great food he took us to! Mr V. and one of his sons! When Porter and I hit up some good food when he had to get an exam in Teg. He’s all good though! Enjoy the pics. 

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed- MJ I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET AFTER IT THIS WEEK GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment