"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Ponder & Prayer


Hope that this Letter finds you guys doing great this holiday season and are enjoying the holiday spirit! Another week down, one week closer to seeing all you guys! But I am doing good. Enjoying this crazy experience and cant wait to share it with you guys when I get back to the promise land with all of you!

I want to start off and thank you all for the love and support every week but last week especially on my birthday! You guys are the best! I can honestly say it was probably the most memorable birthday I have ever had in my life. It was so nice to hear from so many people. Thanks so much family and friends -you guys are the bomb!

So this week was slightly different for me. It all started on Monday again when we left (where we write and play sports on our day of Preperation ). I saw an accident that was horrible ... I never want to see anything like this in my life again . It was terrible .... So THAT was pretty hard to deal with that night -Monday. But I know that the Lord has a plan for us and even when terrible things happen, everything is for a reason. So hopefully I don’t need to see anything like this again.

This past week we started a family home evening at the church. So many members and people that we are teaching come to church on Thursday and we played a GAME and gave a spiritual thought. It was a good time. This past Thursday was the first one that we have done. So we blew that one out of the water , it was fun and the people had a good spiritual time. We will continue to do these every Thursday -just another way to keep some people off the streets at night and doing things that they should not be doing ...

So the military has been searching buses and have check points all week. They are looking for someone and therefore have had all these searches…I can’t believe how different it is here to compared to the states ... blows my mind every day .. everyday is quite the experience . But it’s an adventure and it’s a blast! My Spanish is better every week.

My Spanish is getting better and I am really trying to learn the most that I can in the two years I am here. The time is absolutely flying by!  I am loving my time here and it is never a dull moment as something new and exciting happens every day and it’s always an adventure!

Saturday we went to the center of where the fields are in town. There are two full size professional soccer fields where the people live all day every day . We went and watched the so called  “mormon squad” play and they were really good. There were a lot of all the young men on the field so that was a lot of fun to go watch them and support them.

This past week I spent a lot of time studying and pondering why things happen to us in the time table that they do. I learned that it all comes down to one thing . Our time here on earth is on the time table of the Lord. Everything that happens, everything that we are given, happens for a reason and at a specific time for a reason . We always need to look at the bright things and press on. Pray every day , read your scriptures and go to church. These things are to keep us on the straight and narrow  path and make correct decisions. I see people here every day do great and terrible things ... just do what you know you need to do and all will be good. I am almost out of time so I need to go! I love you guys so much and I hope that you all have a great week and all do good things.  I love you guys very much.  Thanks for your great example and everything that you all do for me and my family.

Con mucho amor!!!
Elder Long

No comments:

Post a Comment