"Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou
dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest."
-Joshua 1:9

Thursday, September 26, 2013

Week Eleven: Ever been chased by a bull?


Hello All! So this week was pretty good. Things went well! I miss all you guys a lot. I am so thankful for all the emails I receive from family and friends.You guys are great! Keep doing great things! The more details the better! I love reading how everyone is doing and all! Love you guys all so much.

So this week while we were teaching a person in the background was the radio playing. The radio station was playing all American music! Oh man was it killing me to pay attention to lesson HAHA, it was so hard to not burst out singing to say the least! Especially when that song Get Lucky came on by Daft Punk. I couldn’t help to think about the GREAT times this past summer with Alex and Johnny Mac in the car! So that was great! Tell them I say hi!
So I played baseball with some random kids in the street! It was so fun! They were using a baseball with their version of a baseball bat. It was sad to see. They use the hard part of the vacuum as the bat. They can’t afford it so they use that part of the vacuum. They tried striking me out, but I smacked the ball pretty far, they were all amazed! The one kid said, “Wow, that gringo hit the ball very good!” It felt great to swing even though it wasn’t a real bat. Man, did that open my eyes up. We are so blessed to have so much in the states, great equipment and everything we need to succeed. Don’t EVER  take that for granted.
Last Monday the Hermanas from Mexico cooked us some GREAT food! It was so authentic and amazing! Loved it! The Hermana missionaries are great- so loving and nice!
Tell Tory CONGRATS on the intern! That’s very cool!
Hermano L., a member here bought us Wendy´s, it was amazing! So thankful for him! He’s great! He’s an ambassador for Honduras and he is the bomb.Love him.
So this past week I went on splits cause my companion had a meeting with President. While we were out working there was a HUGE storm! The streets were completely flooded and all, it was crazy! Well, we had to go catch the bus so there was Elder M. and I running through knee high water. It was crazy and pretty fun.
We had a bautismo this past Saturday. It was good. It was a mother and her two kids. The mothers name is Christina! It made me think of my mom so much but it was great! Her two kids were so happy! They were all smiling so big- so great!
We are currently helping a guy that has had some challenges...who doesn't have challenges? I am so proud of him he is doing great. I pray every day he will have the strength to overcome his challenges. His family is doing great and they are so happy.
So this was so good. We were walking on the street this past week and there was a bull. A guy that was completely wasted had this bull and was walking with it- the bull was attached with a rope. So we thought we were good. HAHA little did we know. This guy had no control of the bull. HA, so the bull started coming at us! It was nuts! The adrenaline got going really quick!  I don’t think I have ever run so fast in my life HAHA. But the bull was dragging this drunk guy. This other guy ran over and helped this guy and was kicking this HUGE bull in the head. It finally settled down. It was so fun looking back on it! Where else would I get that experience? HAHA good times!
All the people we are teaching are doing good! A lot of success with the people! It’s going good! No complaints- Lots of work!
Spanish is coming along very well. Some days are harder than others, and some people are harder than others to understand, but overall it’s great! Couldn’t be happier, a lot to work on though.
So right now the country is campaigning for a new President so this place is nuts! All these rallies and stuff for different people. The organizations do crazy stuff. So pictures of people, flags, and all this stuff everywhere trying to win people over! Much different from the states to say the least...so that’s exciting to see the difference from one country to another.
I am SO grateful for the opportunities that I have had. We all need to be so thankful for all that we have. We are truly blessed to say the least.  I am so happy for the great opportunities that are available to me: in education, great family and friends. I am so thankful to have socks on my feet and a roof over my head. Not everyone has these things... NEVER take anything for granted! Be thankful for the United States and such a great country with so much to offer and do. MAKE EACH DAY COUNT.
Have a great week. I love you guys all so much. I am so grateful for such great people in my life, especially my family. I love you guys! I love my friends too!
AIM HIGH IN ALL THAT YOU DO. LOVE YOU ALL.

Elder Mariano Long

No comments:

Post a Comment